How to get a visa to travel to Iran
There are three possible ways to get a visa to Iran.
- Typical visa application
- Visa reference code
- Visa on arrival
Like any other country, Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs is in charge of issuing different types of visa which is granted to those applying through Iranian consulates round the globe. The procedure starts after submitting your documents and the duration depends on your nationality and on the consulate where you have applied. Tourist visa is issued for a maximum of 30 days initially which can later be extended inside the country. But in most cases, you need to get an authorization letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This procedure can be really time-consuming and sometimes may go in vain.
Shift the burden to us and save your time. Click here to get the visa form and apply for your visa
As an official travel agent, we can get this authorization letter for you in 10 working days upon receiving your application. Just fill in the form and send us the first page of your passport scan. It will be submitted to the Ministry of foreign Affairs and after going through the procedures, the authorization letter will be faxed to the Iranian consulate you mentioned in the form. You can then collect your visa at the consulate using the reference code we will give you. (check the nearest Iranian embassy)
All you have to do is to refer to the consulate with your passport, your completed visa application form, reference code, visa fee and two new passport size photos.
- Always check the required documents with the related consulate
- Visa application forms are usually available on their websites
- Visa fee varies according to your nationality
- Your passport must be valid for the next six months
- The reference code is only valid for 1 month
- Some consulates require photos with covered hair for women
- With the reference code, all procedure of submitting documents and collecting visa can normally be done in a single day.
- Visa is valid for 3 months for entry. (from the date issued)
You can check approximate visa fees for all nationalities here.
Visa on Arrival
Visa on arrival is a new service introduced by Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
This 14 days tourist visa is offered to many nationalities upon arrival in 6 major airport listed below. The fee is 50:00 Euros per individual and 10:00 for each companion.
- IKA: Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport
- THR: Tehran Mehrabad Airport
- MHD: Mashad Airport
- SYZ: Shiraz Airport
- TBZ: Tabriz Airport
- ISF: Isfahan Airport
Visa Application Procedure
Fill in the application form and send us the first page of your passport scan
- We will send your authorization code in 1 or 2 days which will be valid to the indicated consulate for 3 month.
- Refer to the consulate with your authorization code, the completed application form, 2 new passport size photos and the visa fee.
- Before going to the consulate, always check the required documents (in case different from the above mentioned ones) and get the application form from its website (if available).
- Luckily you can collect your visa in the same day if you have the necessary documents. (You may be able to do all this via email at some consulates)
Airport Visa Application
Check if this type of visa is offered for your nationality (Click to see if you are eligible for VOA)
- Fill in the application form available on Iranian MFA website.
- Make sure you have the necessary documents when you arrive in at the airport (passport valid for next six months, 1 new passport-size photo, a confirmed return ticket and application fee)
Comin soon ... Iranian Tourism Visa issuance; E-visa in 2 days
E-VISA HAS BEEN HALTED FOR A WHILE SINCE 2012 AND IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THE TIME BEING. APPLY WITH IRAN TRAVEL SERVICE AND GET YOUR CODE IN 7 - 10 WORKING DAYS.