There are lots of things to see in Mashad. Although the city is known for the holy and respected Imam Reza Shrine, Mashad has a number of historical and natural highlights.
- Torghabe resort with beautiful gardens and park – 24 km from Mashad
- Haft Hoz (7 pools) 7 km from Mashad
- Kooh Sangi park
- Nader Shah Tomb located in Naderi Garden and Museum complex.
- Akhlemand waterfall (84 km north west)
- Gonbad Harounieh (Dome) the oldest structure from ancient city of Tous
- Paazh village 15 to the north
- Gonbad Kheshti
- Jaghargh village and summer resort (21 km to south west)
- Kalat Naderi
- Khajeh Rabi
- Ferdowsi Tomb 30 km away from Mashad in Tous. The Tomb belongs to the greatest Persian epic poet whose book “Shahname” The letter and story of Kings tells epic stories of legendary Iran.
These are just a few examples.